Or you could just use the ExternalInterface API to call the XSL(T)
engine that most mainstream browsers include these days. That said,
there is (in my opinion) still the question of whether that approach
leads to a robust solution, particularly w.r.t. cross-browser
differences . . .

If you want to pursue that approach, this appears to be a good resource:
http://ajaxpatterns.org/Browser-Side_XSLT