Depends on the browser you're using. Clearing the cache is all you should have to do, but depending on whether you are sitting behind a web proxy even that might sometimes not be enough. In my experience, web proxies are a frequent source of developer frustration (especially MS proxies).

Sometimes putting a query string on the end of your request can help, eg

http://www.yoursite.com/myapp.swf?foo=bar

You can then randomise this which can help if you're behind a bad web proxy.

In addition, if you have control over the server environment, you can set the no-cache headers when serving your files. This should stop your browser holding onto them (and ought to also stop web proxies doing the same).

Guy