The show event isnt dispatched on creation of the component, the event CreationComplete is dispatched because show, for the compiler means to go to the displaylist and show the component, but if the component isnt in the displaylist it cant show anything instead it creates it.

So have two handlers, creationComplete (i belive) and show, both calling the same method

- Faisal