From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of pbrendanc
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 2:29 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] 2032 Stream Error - Deploying XML Application
Configuration Data

I have created some application configuration files (e.g. app menu)
that I need to load during startup. In development I have defined the
following service that loads this data from a local file.

mx:HTTPService id="appmenuService" url="data/appmenu.xml
resultFormat="e4x" />

I' m trying to deploy this app to a google site and am getting 2032
errors. This is the error:

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error"
faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent
type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error
#2032: Stream Error. URL:
http://8882909683684169354-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.co
m/site/myflexdemos/Home/applinks/appmenu.xml
<http://8882909683684169354-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.c
om/site/myflexdemos/Home/applinks/appmenu.xml> "].

I was hoping to be able to load this data from the XML files that I
have uploaded. (All the files are in the same domain so I don't think
crossdomain.xml is required here - I did add a cross domain file, but
still get the error.)

I'm not sure if this is a Path/Directory error or if I need to create
a new application service on the server to retrieve that data. (This
would seem to defeat the purpose of having XML configuration files in
the first place).

The more general question here is how to retrieve data from XML data
that resides on the host?

Any suggestions?
TIA,
Patrick