Hmm . . . I would think that should work, I've used the
foo.selectedDate = null technique before.

Here's how my technique for clearing out a DateField looks (in this
example: it is filtering a data provider, and 'tomorrowOn' is an
instance of an Object which has a rangeStart property):

        startDateField.selectedDate = null;
        startDateField.disabledRanges = new Array();
        startDateField.disabledRanges.push(tomorrowOn);
        openingDataProvider.refresh();

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen More" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>