so, I have a list.  The change event calls the function below.  I want
a click on an item to broadcast an event, using cairngorm by the way.
I can't seem to get it to work.  The Alert tells me the event name is
coming in correctly, but nothing is happeing.  I hardcoded the event
to BugTrackerController.EVENT_GET_ALL_BUGS, and things work fine.  So
I know the approach is correct.

<mx:List width="100%" height="100%" change="NavPanelViewHelper.getRpt(
event );">
                                <mx:dataProvider>
                                        <mx:Array>
                                                <mx:Object label="Current Open
Bugs"
value="BugTrackerController.EVENT_GET_ALL_OPEN_BUGS" />
                                                <mx:Object label="All Bugs"
value="BugTrackerController.EVENT_GET_ALL_BUGS" />
                                        </mx:Array>
                                </mx:dataProvider>
</mx:List>

----change event ----
public function getRpt( event : Object  ) : Void        {

mx.controls.Alert.show(event.target.selectedItem.value,"choice",mx.controls.Alert.OK);
                EventBroadcaster.getInstance().broadcastEvent(
event.target.selectedItem.value));

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it?