You can still use a command proxy architecture with Adobe AIR 1.5 in
the same way you could use it with previous versions of Adobe AIR.

It is just a proof of concept, so I havent really done any additional
work on it (besisde, c# / .net development is not much fun on Mac).

You can grab the source from here:

http://code.google.com/p/commandproxy/

and find more info here:

http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/2008/01/17/commandproxy-net-air-integration-proof-of-concept/