You can base it on the custom comboboxcellrenderer that Alistair did
on richinternetapps.(but obviously use a textinput instead of a
combobox)

http://www.richinternetapps.com/archives/cat_macromedia_flex.html

just another idea, have a vbox with two datagrids both with
showHeader=false...one behaving like the header something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
  <mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
        var dp = [      { one:"header1", two:"header2",
three:"header3" }];

        var dp2 = [     { one:"one", two:"two", three:"three" },
                                { one:"four", two:"five",
three:"six" },
                                { one:"seven", two:"eight",
three:"nine" },
                                { one:"ten", two:"eleven",
three:"twelve" },
                                { one:"thirteen", two:"fourteen",
three:"fifteen" }];
]]>
  </mx:Script>
<mx:VBox verticalGap="0">
<mx:DataGrid showHeaders="false" dataProvider="{ dp }"
editable="true" rowCount="1"
                        selectable="false" textAlign="center">
        <mx:columns>
                <mx:Array>
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="one"
fontWeight="bold"/>
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="two"
fontWeight="bold"/>
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="three"
fontWeight="bold"/>
                </mx:Array>
        </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>
<mx:DataGrid showHeaders="false" dataProvider="{ dp2 }">
        <mx:columns>
                <mx:Array>
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="one"/>
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="two" />
                        <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="three"/>
                </mx:Array>
        </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>
</mx:VBox>
</mx:Application>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nihit Saxena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> You should be able to use headerRenderer property on
DataGridColumn and
> use a textInput inside that.
>

> You can read the documentation about it here -

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/00002181.htm#wp14
614