I think he means re-opening the window after a user closes it?

Is that the case Mark?

If so keep a reference to your window instance and call open on it via a
button as you already do,...

If you want multiple windows, change :

private var win:BasicWindow = new BasicWindow();

to:

private var winsAC:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection() ;

and then:

private function createWindow():void{
//Alert.show("I am here");

win = new BasicWindow() ;