Matt,

I copied web.xml from the flex.war file and still get the message
about the custom error page. I have also setup another flex
environment on my customers server, for production, and the message is
appearing there also.

These are the relevant lines from my own web.xml

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>FlexErrorServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>flex.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>servlet.class</param-name>
            <param-value>flex.compiler.ErrorPageServlet</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>FlexErrorServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/flex-error</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Andrew