Ok, I have an update - I had to modify the instructions from the
documentation, since "result" was a resultevent, I had to use
result.result for my ArrayCollection:

for(var i:String in result.result) {
result.result[i] = new ObjectProxy(result.result[i]);
}

__model.myAC = new ArrayCollection(ArrayUtil.toArray(result.result));

So now, I don't get the IEventDispatcher warning on myAC fields any
more, and my load data via Zend AMF still works, but my add and update
commands and delegates still don't end up in the "result" function of
my Cairngorm MVC commands.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/flash/events/IEventDispatcher.html