Is there a "primer" on creating asynchronous classes?  I've been
building an app that runs a CRC32 check on each file (which requires
looking at every byte of every file).  It doesn't cause issues when the
files are small text files, but when they're 40mb video files, the app
hangs till complete.  I want the app to be able to update other things
while waiting on the CRC32 functionality completes.  Actually, all I
need is some visual progress indicator (some way to update the
display).
  Anyone with any suggestions!  I'm all ears! :D

-N. D.