On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM, jeremysavoy <jeremysa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an array collection that is a collection of ContactVO items.
> When I debug and look at the ArrayCollection, each item, [0], [1], etc
> is of type ObjectProxy, and inside each of these there is an "object"
> that then contains the ContactVO fields. I'm assuming they are
> ObjectProxy because I implemented the fix outlined at the bottom of
> this page:
>
> http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/flash/events/IEventDispatcher.html
>
> The problem, is that when I try to assign an item in the
> ArrayCollection directly to a ContactVO object as here:
[snip]

> I then get the following error on the assignment line number (last
> line of code above).
>
> TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
> mx.utils::objectpr...@10eee479 to com.myproject.vo.ContactVO

I don't think I fully understand your problem, but normally in a
situation like this I would use an interface. You would end up with a
ContactProxy that wraps the ContactVO, and both implement the
IContactVO interface.

And if that's overkill, maybe just refer to the ContactVO directly:

         __model.contact = __model.myAC[i].object;

Manish