Earlier today, a fellow flexcoder asked about flex unit testing
frameworks. After looking at the suggestions, I realized that I need
similar advice, but focused on tests that can be run automatically, (as
opposed to running interactively).

It seems fluint is pretty slick, but the ant-based test runner seems to
be AIR-based and I'm reluctant to introduce that dependency. I really
want to have ant-based (or some kind of scripted) automation tests that
we can plug into our CI system. Having GUI runners is nice for instant
gratification, but I think scriptable runners are far more useful in the
long term.

Flexunit itself (hence flexmonkey) seems to do this right, but it looks
like it uses the standalone player? This is the blog post I'm referring
to:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/pmartin/archives/2006/06/flexunit_ant.html

I'd like to test through the browser plugin (and not the standalone
player) if possible, since we've hit some browser-specific issues
before.

Does anyone have more experience with this method of running FlexUnit
tests (or any other kind of flex testing framework)?
--
Maciek Sakrejda
Truviso, Inc.