--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "brucewhealton" <br...@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>         Can someone help me with something.  I wanted to know where
> one can find the most up to date documentation on the web for the
> various Flex 3 Components, classes, language reference and so on.  I
> did a google search and found some documentation on some components,
> i.e. the mx:Text component, but it was to a website not affiliated
> with adobe.  There is a livedocs link and a few other adobe links.
> Where might I go for the best, most recent documentation on everything
> in flex 3.
>           There are so many options within Adobe Flex, from Help> Help
> Contents, Help> Dynamic Help, Help > Search, that I don't know what
> would be the best or the easiest way to find out everything that I
> need to know when coding.

This is how I quickly get the info I need:
http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/07/getting-help-in-flex-builder.html

If I think there might be something more up-to-date in the LiveDocs
online, I'll use the link at the bottom of each Help page to get
there.  Also the LiveDocs often have running swf examples from the
posted code.  But the search feature is completely horrendous at the
adobe.com website, so MPO is you're better off driving the search from
the local Help files.

HTH;

Amy