> Matt Chotin's blog has one

I do?  I think it might be someone else.

Your sales call getting dropped isn’t good.  I’ll make sure that someone tries to get in contact with you.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 12:43 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] calendar/schedule tool one day view

yeah, a popular topic I have found this to be.  A custom calendar
component is around already, Matt Chotin's blog has one.  As soon as I
master Flex and find the time, I'll code one up to sell, eh?  LOL!
Our client just informed us of some changes that may hane us discard
htis for now anyhoo.  Eventually there will be libraries of this sort
of thing, eh?

A while back a Macr rep was talking with me about setting up a Breezo
with us to show off Flex.  She had got Kevin Hoyt to create a simple
proto of this outlook style thing.  All i got was a screen shot
though.  The Breezo got cancelled and I never heard from her again.
Macr dropped the ball there.  Supposedly they realigned their sales
folks or something.

DK

On 7/29/05, Tariq Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Doug! We've spent done some thinking about this as well. If you ever
> get it done, I'll buy it off you. :)
>
> A datagrid is the closest out of the box component I think. But if you
> look at what Outlook can do it's beyond grid in that you can have
> multiple adjacent items in a cell, and items can span multiple rows and
> columns (multiday events). So a DG + CellRenderers can get you basic
> version, but to go all out I think you'll need to create from scratch
> your own control/component.
>

> Douglas Knudsen wrote:
>
> >have to build one of these outlook looking calendar things for a
> >scheduling tool.  The one day view needs 15 min intervals in time and
> >ability to drag items to be scheduled onto it.   I'm looking for
> >suggestions on what component to build this off of as a base.
> >Datagrid seems to be the path to take using custom cell renderors.
> >Any suggestions?  list, grid??

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it?