Currently I'm working on a Flex app for a client that has a VBox with
a vertical scrollbar on it.  Inside of the VBox is a long list of
custom components (based on HBox) that can be viewed by scrolling up
and down on the scrollbar.  The issue is this application is embeded
within a HTML page that has a lot of content below the application,
therefore when the user scrolls the mousewheel on my VBox, it scrolls
the main page as well.  I've noticed that most components do this as
well, with the exception being TextArea.  I've dug around the livedocs
and some forums in hope of finding a solution to make this work, but
 so far nothing.  I was wondering if perhaps anyone has come
across this issue and know a solution or a workaround, or have
suggestions on how I could better accomplish what I need to do here?