Here is the string being passed. The JSONEncoder encodes the object
into a string (data var in this case) then passes it over using
externalInterface.

data:String =
{"error":0,"requests":0,"group":true,"model":"userdefined","count":0,"name":"\"\\error\\Something\"
<b>YOU</b> $
'FBar'","connection":0,"warning":0,"title":"\"\\error\\Something\"
<b>YOU</b> $  'FBar'","type":"BigCategory","id":43}

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ralf Bokelberg"
<ralf.bokelb...@...> wrote:

> Why do you want to use JSON? You can pass in plain objects instead, e.g.
>
> ExternalInterface.call("someJSMethod", { a: 1, b: { c: true, d:
"hello"} } );

http://joshblog.net/2008/01/03/flash-player-externalinterface-variable-name-bug/