Thanks. But this example assumes that I have full control over when I
want to show and hide the cursors.

The HTTPService, however will show and hide the busy cursor for me
automatically (hence the property showBusyCursor). I guess I would
have to set that property to false and then manually show the cursor
before I issue my send and then in my result or fault methods I would
have to hide the cursor. I was just hoping that there was a cleaner
and more general solution to this.