--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <danijel.arsenov...@...> wrote:

> > I can't help but think that you're getting mixed up between the
> difference
> > in concept between the class of an event and the event name.
> >
> > Event handlers respond to specific event instances by name and not
> class.

Here's a sort of sideways way to handle it.  Create a static
EventDispatcher on the class.  At startup, have the Application get a
reference to that ED.  Every time someone calls new yourEvent(),
dispatch an event from the ED.  Note this works on the presumption that
a developer will dispatch the event immediately on creation.  I don't
see anything on Event that is called when it is dispatched.  However, I
suspect it may be there under the hood, because stopImmediatePropogation
() isn't a method of EventDispatcher, it is a method of Event.
Unfortunately, you can't rummage arround in the Event class to see
what's handy.

HTH;

Amy