Ahh... nevermind this one. I accidentally had the onMetaData handler set
as private instead of public. Everything is working as expected now.

-Ryan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Ryan Graham
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FMS attaching custom metadata to recorded streams

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to some resources showing how to attach custom
metadata properties to streams that are recorded via FMS? I've been
wrestling with it for a while and think I am just missing something
obvious somewhere.

I was trying the following sequence of events with no luck:

Start publishing:

myNetstream.publish("teststream", "record");

Set the metadata on the NetStream.Publish.Start or
NetStream.Record.Start events:

var myMetaData:Object = new Object();

myMetaData.author = "some author";

myNetstream.send("@setDataFrame", "onMetaData", myMetaData);

Everything records fine, and then when I playback the stream and
enumerate the metadata properties in the onMetaData callback, I only see
the default properties that FMS attaches, like duration, audiocodecid,
etc.  The author property assigned above returns as "undefined".

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.