I heartily endorse Paul's message.

Couple of other things to remember.

*       Don't aggregate roles into a single collection of activities,
force role selection (if a user can be an admin and a normal user, make
them log in as an admin to access that functionality)
*       The person may have different roles at different sites, so be
aware that a User and a Person aren't the same things.
*       Don't rely on client side security to maintain server side
security, secure your endpoints with the same logic as the client uses
to determine access and throw appropriate exceptions.

Gk.

Gregor Kiddie
Senior Developer
INPS

Tel:       01382 564343

Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8
3QJ

Registered Number: 1788577

Registered in the UK

Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk
<blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>

The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented are
INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient
please contact is.helpd...@inps.co.uk