If the SWF takes a long time to build you will see that.
I sometimes got that when it couldn't find the debugger, but not recently.
It's sometimes slow waiting for something to be loaded/decoded, or  even
when waiting at a breakpoint.
Because the two programs don't run independently IE may show no content
when interrupted by Flash/Flex.

John