I like your last idea of adjusting the padding on top of the item
renderers.  OR maybe I could just affect the size of the item renderer
before and after, squishing them a little as to not cascade the
movement of controls across every item renderer.

I was hoping to also put some form of delay in it, as to not move
until the user's paused over it for a "duration".

I'm going to have to think about the necessity of this functionality.
 I haven't seen anyone else do anything like this.  It's really a baby
step to getting to the functionality I really want of context
sensitive text messages in the drop zone.

Thanks, Alex, for some ideas...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harui <aha...@...> wrote:

> I see, I didn't understand that you want to alter the drop-zone.
IIRC, altering renderer size/position on rollover has a difficulty
rating of 8 out of 10 if not higher.  The trick is to not have the
list change its renderer mapping, and doing that on rollover is hard
because the resizing affects what you've rolled over.  I'd probably
try to use some of the dataEffects code (which won't work on
DataGrid).  Honestly, I'm not sure it's been successfully done.
Search the web to see if someone's found an easy way to do this.

> Also consider how such an effect will look when the drop area is
being scrubbed.  If renderers are constantly shifting open and close
it may not be pleasant to the eye and could also make targeting more
difficult.

> You could alter the paddingTop and paddingBottom for all renderers
on DRAG_ENTER and restore on DRAG_EXIT.  Not as snazzy for sure, but
I'd say that'd have a difficulty rating of 3 out 10.

On Behalf Of Todd

flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Alex