You are going to have to have some “middle tier” to create, read, update and delete data on the server.

If you are not familiar with Java of CF, I’d say avoid RemoteObjects.  Web services can also be a bit complicated.  The easiest way to access data on the server is by using HTTPService.

You still need to choose a server-side environment to process your data calls.

Technology        Pros/Cons

jsp                    Runs in same container as Flex, requires some Java. Database access not easy  I have some simple examples.

Asp.net             Needs Visual Studio environment, the Dot.Net Framework. My current preference.

Asp                  Needs IIS, use _vbscript_ and ADO, probably simplest.  I have an example

There may be others.

Make a choice, and we will go from there.

Tracy