From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Besite - Bart
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:03 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] LCDS : Managed associations - creating new Items

Hi Jeff,

I was now trying to use the createItem method (because adding an Item to a
managed collection
resulted in the "Null identity map for destination" error), altough I do not
need to have a client reference for this specific item...

But when I run the following code :

          var token1:AsyncToken = ds.createItem(user1);
          token1.addResponder(new ItemResponder(userCreated, userFault));
          token1.chatRoom = room;

          var token2:AsyncToken = ds.createItem(user2);
          token2.addResponder(new ItemResponder(userCreated, userFault));
          token2.chatRoom = room;

          ds.commit();

I get the following error (which actually has no clear error message, just an
error stack trace ...

undefined
    at
mx.data::CommitResponder/result()[C:\depot\DataServices\branches\lcds26_hotfixes\frameworks\projects\data\src\mx\data\CommitResponder.as:432]
    at
mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.as:74]
    at
NetConnectionMessageResponder/resultHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\NetConnectionChannel.as:491]
    at
mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\MessageResponder.as:199]

I will send you also my server log for the other error "Null identity map for
destination" ...

Kind regards,
Bart Ronsyn

Just adding an item to a managed collection will implicitly queue up a "create"
for the child item.    If you call "createItem" it also adds a new client
reference just for that specific item.   So usually you want to avoid calling
createItem unless that item lives all by itself.

Jeff