http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/dragdrop_8.html

Now that only give you control over the drop functionality.  You still
need to extract the necessary key values form the source and target
data, and build your update data structure and send it to the server,
however you are doing that.

Break this into steps.  Make sure you can update the server with data
from the source and target lists.  Hard code the data as needed to test
the Flex->server-->database->server->flex process.  You can choosw
whether you want the drag operation to update the client target list or
whether you want to return the new list data from the server and
re-populate the list with that.

When you can update the database successfully, implement the dragDrop
handler, extract the key/data values form the source and target, and
pass them to the function you created and tested in the step above.

Tracy Spratt
Lariat Services

Flex development bandwidth available