I have the following structure:

Application
   |___ViewStack
          |____SplashBox
               |____VBox
                  |___Accordion
                      |____CreateAccount
          |____MainBox

In MainBox I dispatch a logoutEvent.  Among other things as a result
of this event, I want to clear the fields in the Login component.  The
only way I have been successful so far is to call an init() function
from creationComplete in Login that looks like this:

private function init():void{
   parent.parent.parent.parent.parent.addEventListener("logoutEvent",
clearFields)
}

As I understand events, the logoutEvent in MainBox bubbles up to the
ViewStack, and then to the Application.  Is there a better way to
force the event down to Login?  Repeatedly using parent in this
fashion seems so inelegant.  And if I change my structure at all, I'll
also have to remember to go into the code and change the number of
parents in the init() function.

TIA!
LG