Glad I could help! I had to to change the tree a few days ago so it
could allow droping nodes onto a branch. I spent a few hours figuring it
out so if I was able to save you time then great. If you dig deep into
the Flex Components code, you'll see that they often use mx_internal.
Also, just as a side note. If you import the namespace and that there
are no collision, i.e. no two variables share the same name, you don't
need to prefix the variable name with it's namespace. So, you could have
just written:

var parent:String = event.dragInitiator._dropData.parent.label

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12286167/grpspId=1705007207/
msgId=135844/stime=1233608798/nc1=4507179/nc2=3848642/nc3=5597441>