I find it odd that if I layout a flex form as

<mx:HBox>
   <mx:Form>
     <mxFormItem label="A Label">
        <mx:TextInput/>
     </mx:FormItem>
   </mx:Form>
   <mx:Form>
     <mxFormItem label="B Label">
        <mx:TextInput/>
     </mx:FormItem>
   </mx:Form>
</mx:HBox

I get the same behavior programmatically as the following, but a very
different visual experience if I do it as

<mx:Form>
   <mx:HBox>
     <mx:FormItem label="A Label">
       <mx:TextInput/>
     </mx:FormItem>
     <mx:FormItem label="B Label">
       <mx:TextInput/>
     </mx:FormItem>
   </mx:HBox>
</mx:Form>

Now to my wee poor brain, the 2 should be the same, and while they
are....roughly....the label alignment and all that is very different.
Can anyone explain to me why? And by that I don't mean, "If you put any
container between the form declaration and the form items it'll whack
out your stuff.", that much I've figured out by this point, I mean, why
the heck would they go to the trouble of making things whack out if a
form item's immediate parent ISN'T a form, as long as its eventual
parent is???
Ok, deep breath.......sometimes you just have to let go.
  [>:)]
back to work