The most common way is to have a facade class on the remote server that
handles the sessions; and after login that facade sends you back some
session key you can pass with each request.

 Additionally, it appears that the Flash Player will send cookies set on
the same domain as part of the remote object call.  So, if your swf is
served from the same domain as the login service, they should
work--assuming that the login service is keeping track of login w/ cookies.

 Beyond that; I don't have a solution.

hworke wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>      My application scenerion is this:
>
>      My desktop flex client needs to access a third party application.
> Which I can easily do with an Http login (providing the login/password
> and accessing whatever page I want to access through a single URL).
>
>      However what I am not able to do is: keeping my logged in session
> active. Every time I have to access the 3rd party application I have
> to login in every single time.
>
>     Any help on how I can login just once and keep doing my work until
> I log out, will be greatly appreciated.
>
>     Just as a side note: If I bring up the same 3rd party application
> through Iframe inside my flex client and then login through the
> browser it works just fine. Logged in session just does not go away.
>
>     Example code will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best Regards

Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur
Adobe Community Expert: http://tinyurl.com/684b5h
http://www.twitter.com/reboog711  | Phone: 203-379-0773
--
Easy to use Interface Components for Flex Developers
http://www.flextras.com?c=104