This seems to be an age-old issue.  I need to set the Authorization
header for GET requests.  I read it cannot be done and I have read
articles that hint it is doable.  Which is it?

I have no cross-domain issues.  Everything is sent to the same server.

I found the following adobe TechNote:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?
externalId=kb403184&sliceId=1
appears to state that post Flash player 9.0.115.0 the Authorization
header can be sent with either GET or POST.  I have player 9.0.224.0.
However, I cannot the Authorization header or a custom header to go
across.

Has anyone successfully set the Authorization header for any customer
header for that matter with the HttpService?

Thanks.

-S