From: "ksunair" <ksun...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:36 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Newbie Help

Hi All,

I am very new to Flex as a matter of fact I just wrote hello world :)

Anyway, I am evaluating Flex against SilverLight for our new development. Our
current web

app is legacy ASP (not ASP.Net) and I have completed a prototype for
SilverLight and as a

C# developer I was able to get it done pretty fast. I was reading about Flex
and it seems to

be also straight forward. I have few questions if someone can help me with.

1. Is it possible to add a flex object to an existing ASP page. If not, how can
I call and pass

information between classic ASP and Flex, is it possible?

2. I would like to know how to create a hierarchal data grid in Flex? I saw
some examples

of the new Hierarchical collection, if it is the solution, is there a simple
example

somewhere I can use?

3. I would like to print reports from web and currently silverlight has buggy

implementation of print, is it possible to print from Flex web page? Also is it
possible to

export the data to PDF or HTML format?

I am doing reading right now, as the Flex expert you could help me speed up to
make my decision.

Thanks a lot.