From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of markgoldin_2000
Sent: 15 February 2009 16:50
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Socket communications in Flex

I was able to create a server socket using VB code. I am sending
data from a Flex test application to my server socket but cannot
send any data to Flex. Any idea?

, Guy Morton <g...@...> wrote:

> As Tracy said, yes. A socket is just a network connection. Your
flex
> XMLSocket doesn't know or care what language the program
listening on

<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , Guy Morton <guy@> wrote:

> > > Well...nothing would, normally. You'd have to set up a
server to
> > talk
> > > to you on that socket, develop a protocol for conversing over
> > the
> > > socket, etc.
> > >
> > > An XML socket is just a pipe to communicate over. Unlike
normal
> > http
> > > requests which encapsulate the http conversation so you don't
> > see it,
> > > a raw XML socket requires you to define what messages are
going
> > to be
> > > sent by whom and what those messages mean.
> > >
> > > Does that help, or have I misunderstood your question?
> > >
> > > Guy

> > flex.

> > that

This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT
registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637
1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person.
Security System.