Hi there,

I am facing difficulty in MAC OS X because of the decomposed Unicode
strings (FCD) outputted by FileDialog class in the applet .So in MAC
OS X German character 'Ä' will be represented with two characters A +
the umlaut where as in Windows it is storing as only one character ie 'Ä'.

Because of this issue my i was not able to display the German
characters properly on my flex application.So to solve it i need to
normalize the string to NFC/NFD composition.There is a utility class
in JAVA 1.6 to do that(java.text.Normalizer).But i don't have the
luxury to use java 1.6.So i was searching Normalizer class in flex so
that i can normalize string in flex instead of doing in Java.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!
Sreejith