Hi all,

I'm new to Flex, so I will probably ask some simple questions.
However to me they look huge.
One of the situations I encounter now is following :

filename = Application.mxml
---------------------------
<Application>
    <script source = "Application.as"/>
    <CustomComponent id="myComponent"/>
</Application>

filename = CustomComponent.mxml
-------------------------------
<Text>
    <script source = "CustomComponent.as"/>

</Text>

filename = Application.as
-------------------------
Because my Custom Component is based on a Text, I want to set the
fontsize. Therefore I want to write a line of code like this :

myComponent.fontSize = 40;

But when I write myCo and press Ctrl+Space it does not recognize my
component. When I write the scriptcode inside the mxml-file, there is
no problem.

filename = CustomComponent.as
When I want to set a property of the component, which is accessible
via mxml, it wont work.

When I write this.fontSize = 40;

It will even not recognize the property fontSize.

Can anyone give me an explanation for this behavior?

Thanks in advance