I'm using a SuperTabNavigator control from the flexlib package.  When
the user clicks on the close button for a tab it fires the tabClose
event.  I have specified a handler for this in the mxml for the
SuperTabNavigator component:

tabClose="confirmTabDelete(event);"

In the confirmTabDelete function I would like to pop up an Alert with
YES | NO buttons.  According to the SuperTabNavigator docs I can
cancel the delete action by calling event.preventDefault() within the
confirmTabDelete function.  My problem is that the Alert box uses its
own handler function for the YES/NO button clicks.  I'm not sure how
that handler function can reference the event object to call
preventDefault().

private function confirmTabDelete(event:SuperTabEvent):void {
   Alert.show("Are you sure you want to delete this tab?", "Confirm
delete", Alert.YES | Alert.NO, this, alertListener, null, Alert.NO);

}

private function alertListener(eventObj:CloseEvent):void {
   if (eventObj.detail==Alert.NO) {
       //Now what?  How to call preventDefault() on the event object
in confirmTabDelete?

Is the secret in the "this" which is being used as the parent for the
Alert?

Any help would be great.