I'm looking to create "nestable" MXML data components. I'm working on a
validation codebase for a current requirement and the default Flex
validators weren't sufficient for me.
I'm basically looking to create something that would look like this in MXML:

<v:ConjunctionValidator>
     <v:NotNullValidator/>
     <v:StringNotEmptyValidator/>
</v:ConjunctionValidator>

I've already got my codebase together, I just would like to be able to stack
it in MXML rather than wire it together in Actionscript. My
ConjunctionValidator actionscript class defines a "add(value:IValidator)"
method for adding sub validators. How would I get Flex to recognize this and
respond to it?

I also have other visual components that rely off of validators. The
ultimate goal would be to do something like this in Flex:

<va:ValidatorTextField>
      <v:ConjunctionValidator>
      </v:ConjunctionValidator>
</va:ValidatorTextField>

Is doing something like this possible?

--
And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of
sleep;