Well thought Manish!
much simpler

OTOH, the approach I suggested is what I use for a more complex
framework ( IoC for context menus and D&D). Try investigating along
that line, it's quite powerful.

Best,
Aldo

On 8/4/05, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> yes!  wichked...just what I was thinking of when you sent it.  Me
> thinks this will be a better approach then my new post with subect
> line: drg and expan..outlook style (was Re: [flexcoders] lists and
> DD).  Using a list will be easier to prepopulate from a DB and get the
> data from to populate a DB.
>
> DK
>
> On 8/4/05, Manish Jethani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 8/5/05, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > but which on eof those items is the mouse on?  Say the user selected 5
> > > items contiguously then initiated a drag on them.  I want to know
> > > which item teh mouse is on.
> >
> > Listen for the mouseDown event...
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
> >   xmlns="*">
> >
> >   <mx:List id="list" dataProvider="{['1', '2', '3', '4', '5']}"
> >     dragEnabled="true" multipleSelection="true"
> >     mouseDown="foo(event)" />
> >
> >   <mx:Script>
> >     <![CDATA[
> >
> >     function foo(e):Void
> >     {
> >       var a = Math.floor(list.mouseY / list.rowHeight);
> >       alert(a + "");
> >     }
> >
> >     ]]>
> >   </mx:Script>
> > </mx:Application>
> >
> > 'a' is the index of the row that was last clicked on.  Save it, then
> > use the info when the drag operation is in progress.
> >
> > Manish
> >

> > --

> Douglas Knudsen
> http://www.cubicleman.com
> this is my signature, like it?

::::: Aldo Bucchi :::::
mobile (56) 8 429 8300

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ha3rrkc/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123202951/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>