Same here, on Leopard we've solved waiting a little timeout before dispatching
the
initialiazed event... I guess it's a bug...

    // Once initialized, wait timeout (workaround for late event) then run
onUpdate
    appUpdater.addEventListener(UpdateEvent.INITIALIZED,
        function(e:Event):void {
            setTimeout(onUpdate, 100, UpdateEvent(e));
        }
    );