Hi,
I am creating a TreeGrid using the AdvancedDataGrid in Flex 3.

The function that build my group columns is :

private function setGroupedColumns():void
{

var groupingCollection:GroupingCollection=new GroupingCollection()

var grouping:Grouping=new Grouping()
var groupingField:GroupingField

grouping.fields=new Array()

// Set the parents columns
var parentIds:ArrayCollection = properties.parantIdColumns as
ArrayCollection;

// Setting the Parent field
groupingField=new GroupingField("parent");
grouping.fields.push(groupingField)

groupingCollection.source=ArrayCollection(remoteDP)

groupingCollection.grouping=grouping
groupingCollection.refresh()
myADG.dataProvider=groupingCollection
}

Here I get a Tree and "parent" field as its parent.
If I push more fields to
grouping.fields.push(groupingField)
I get more sub childrens.
Thats not what I need.

How can I set parent field to stay the parent (in the background) but
to set different field(column) to be the hirarchy column (with the
folder icon or arrow).

The parent column should look as a normal column but the hirarchy
will be based on its data. the Tree appearance will be shown in a
different field.

Can I do it?

Thanks

Jo