From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of thelordsince1984
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:53 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Modules Communication

--- In flexcod...@yahoogro <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
Simon Bailey <si...@...> wrote:

> On the tip for communicating between modules using a framework,
> PureMVC has a utility called Pipes which helps you accomplish this:
>
> http://trac. <http://trac.puremvc.org/Utility_AS3_MultiCore_Pipes>
puremvc.org/Utility_AS3_MultiCore_Pipes

> ;S
>
> On 3 Mar 2009, at 10:10, claudiu ursica wrote:
>

> > You should probably have ca comunication manager something like a
> > central event dispatcher (I believe the Mate framework already does
> > this but i might be mistaking) and register panels within that
> > scope. so when a panel fires an event the other listening panels
> > check if the event is adressed to them and actually consume catch
> > that event...
> >
> > there was some guy doing a prof of concept for this google for ALON
> > desing pattern ...
> >
> > HTH,
> > Claudiu

thanks all,

but is there a simple manner to achieve module to module communication?

suppose this scenario:

i've a module within a panel. it contains a textinput...it fires a
custom event when the user clicks a button..the event contains an id
number..an other modules is listen for this event, catchs it at then
update itself depending on passed id...

thanks again
Regards Lorenzo