Tracy,

> The value you want to pass needs to be in the text node, not in an
> attribute.  Something like:
>
> <Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CI>X</Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CI>

The above line won't work; it gets the error message about
"Initializer for 'Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CI'; values of type
com.draper.Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CITypeShape cannot be represented as
text." with or without quotes.

I wonder if you would be willing to help me flesh out the function path (As I
said, I'm pretty new to this, both Flex and ActionScript).

private function betterway (): void
{
var myService:GetInfo = new GetInfo();(is that right for myService?)
var sValue:String = "something";
var oRequest:Object ={ Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CI : sValue };

 myService.send();

If I try this, I get an error that there is no send() method for GetInfo.  If I
switch it to
 myService.findID(oRequest)
I get an error that type Object is being coerced to "possibly unrelated type
com.draper:Find__CompIntfc__DL_TREE_IB_CITypeShape."

Thanks for any light you can shed.