Hi.

I have to implement a virtual keyboard (for touch screen kiosk). All the
materials i've found on web was like adding text to some control, for example:
textInput1.text += 'a', but it would be killer-task to implement all the
functionality of keyboard like putting chars somewhere in the middle of text
after user set cursor by clicking there etc, and what's worse - managing type
of reaction depending of what control is focused.

Is there some way to generate keyboard events just as like they where generated
by normal keyboard?

I tried this, but it is not working (no reaction):

var kEvent:KeyboardEvent = new KeyboardEvent(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, true,
false, String('a').charCodeAt(),String('a').charCodeAt());

if(stage.focus!=null)
   this.stage.focus.dispatchEvent(kEvent);