Another alternative is to have the node you are dragging over open after two seconds and display a placeholder child.  If you want to make it a sibling, that will be your first option before the node has time to open.  If you want it to be a child, wait a couple of seconds whilst the node opens to display any current children (and if not a placeholder child that you dynamically create for that purpose)

Cheers,
Martyn

Alan Rother wrote:

Yeah,

I tried something similar, but since all of my nodes are essentially the same (all pages) and can all be a parent or a child (leaf or branch as it were) but the problem I'm running into is how do I discriminate between intent, in other words how do I know if the user wanted to move the page between two pages on the same level (re-ordering) or if they wanted to move the page to be the child of the page is was dropped onto.

That ExtJS example seems to be doing what I want (albeit, you cant drag a file to another file, only folders) I have to believe Flex can do this as well, I really don't want to do it in Ext...

=]
--
Alan Rother
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3922 (20090309) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
Dr Martyn Bowis (PhD Engineering)

Truth brings Freedom
The content of this email is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not use or distribute this
information in any way, shape or form.
Please notify the send of this error.