From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christoph Guse
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:58 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Remote Object Errors

Hi Josh,

sorry, no more concrete ideas. I use Tomcat instead of JRun.

Christoph

Josh Noland wrote:
>Christoph,
>   No luck.  I am still getting the "Error:
>org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap".  When I check the network
>monitor in Flex Builder it is making the request as expected but I am not
>seeing it catch the result object.  Do you have any other ideas?
>
>Josh
>

>>From: Christoph Guse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Remote Object Errors
>>Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:41:31 +0200
>>
>>Hi Josh,
>>
>>you should use the automatic mapping between Java ValueObjects and
>>ActionScript ValueObjects.  For that your ActionScript VO should look
>>like this:
>>
>>/***
>>AS class
>>***/
>>// ActionScript Document
>>class Person {
>>      var name:String;
>>      var birthdate:String;
>>      public static var registeredClass:Boolean =
>>Object.registerClass("[full path in WEB-INF / java class name]",Person);
>>}
>>
>>Don't use a constructor in the AS VO, the constructor is called AFTER
>>FLEX filled the attributes from the Java VO.
>>
>>Your MXML file could look like this:
>>
>>/***
>>MXML File
>>***/
>><mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
>>
>>      <mx:RemoteObject id="peopleObject" source="People">
>>            <mx:method name="getPerson"
>>result="handleResults(event.result)"/>
>>      </mx:RemoteObject>
>>
>>      <mx:Script>
>>      <![CDATA[
>>            import Person;
>>            var my_person:Person;
>>
>>            function handleResults(event){
>>                my_person = event.result;
>>            }
>>      ]]>
>>      </mx:Script>
>>
>>      <mx:Panel width="800" height="600">
>>            <mx:HBox>
>>                  <mx:Form>
>>                      <mx:FormItem label="Person name">
>>                         <mx:Label text="{my_person.name}" />
>>                      </mx:FormItem>
>>                      <mx:FormItem label="birthday">
>>                         <mx:Label text="{my_person.birthdate}" />
>>                      </mx:FormItem>
>>                  </mx:Form>
>>                  <mx:Button label="Get Person"
>>click="{peopleObject.getPerson()}" />
>>            </mx:HBox>
>>      </mx:Panel>
>></mx:Application>
>>
>>I coded everything in my mail app, so I'm not totally shure if the code
>>runs at once.
>>
>>Greetings
>>Christoph
>>
>>Josh Noland wrote:
>>
>>>I am having trouble accessing any Java objects that return something
>>>other
>>>than the Java types flex will implicitly convert.  I am using the
> [...]

 Christoph Guse
 Löhstraße 34
 41747 Viersen
 Tel.  0 21 62 / 50 24 066
 Mobil   01 72 / 160 74 84
 VoIP  0 12 12 / 39 64 48 831

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hsn12ud/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123522989/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>