You can get the screen resolution from the Capabilities object - see
here
http://www.thedesilva.com/2008/06/finding-client-machine-capabilities-using-flex-flash/.
>From that you can work out the middle of the screen.

However, a word of warning - I have no idea how Flash and/or different
operating systems handle multiple displays. On Windows, all screen
location points (x, y) are relative to the 'primary' screen. So the
location point on any screen left or below of the primary screen will
have negative values for example. There is not enough information
provided for you to be able to handle these situations, which are
becoming increasingly common.

If you're looking just to place your app in the middle of the screen,
I'd argue the effort isn't worth the effect.