From: Tom Chiverton <tom.chiver...@halliwells.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] null parent for ChartLabel
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:00:27 +0000

On Friday 13 Mar 2009, Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
> which, combined with the error, seems to imply that this ChartLabel
has
> no parent (!),

Chart labels are cached, much like item renderers.

> why this could be happening (I can't nail down a simple set of steps
> this)? Any thoughts for workarounds?

What are you doing to the data provider of the chart ?
Do you have a customer chartlabel renderer or function ?
You could also try changing the code to be:
if(parent is AxisRenderer && parent.rotation == 90)

If the latter works, please file a bug with the patch in.