On 8/9/05, Mehdi, Agha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I load this file normally, it loads fine but when I load it with
> CreateChild method, it strips out the checkboxes. Is there anything else I
> need to be careful about?

OK, first I'd like to clarify that I don't think passing the class
name to createChild like that is supported, so you're totally on your
own.

Now here's the trick:

  var child = createChild("foo.Bar", "", {mxml: true}); // note: mxml is true

Don't ask me why or how.  It just seems to work, and I don't have time
to investigate (but you could fire up FDB and step deep into
createChild to see what's happening).

This may lead to other problems in your app.  If I were you, I'd just
create a mapping between the class names and their class references:

 var classNamesToRefs:Object = {
  "foo.bar", foo.bar,
  "yin.yang", yin.yang,
 };

Then I would look up the mapping everything I have the fully-qualified
class name as a string.  Makes sense?

Manish

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hehtc5v/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123583887/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>