I don't think RSLs are a bad idea for a single application if you are using
signed RSLs (swz files) because they may already be in the Flash Player Cache
and therefore not need to be downloaded. But to guarantee your Flash Player can
load a signed RSL you will need to require Flash Player 9,0,124 or higher.

-Darrell